The 5th RadioSun Workshop and Summer School will take place on May 23-27, 2016 in the
Faculty of Science of the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice.
This University of South Bohemia
is a public university founded in 1991. New pavilions and laboratories are equipped with the latest technology. An extensive campus park rejuvenation is also in progress, some of new pavilions are being developed as well as a Science and Technology Park. The university specializes in education and research with a focus on natural, humanist and social sciences.
It has 12,000 students in more than 200 bachelor, masters and doctoral programmes at 8 faculties and it collaborates with more than 300 universities around the world.
GPS location of the University: 48°58′43.15″N, 14°26′54.3″E
Address: Branišovská 1645/31A, 370 05 České Budějovice, Czech Republic
University campus is shown here:
Faculty of Science (FS, at the bottom of the figure) is a successor of the Faculty of Biological Sciences founded in 1991. FS offers undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate study in an array of biological disciplines, and since 2007 extended by several other fields of science (chemistry, physics, mathematics, informatics). Plasma Astrophysics and Solar Plasma Physics research is focused in the Institute of Physics and Biophysics .
The meeting venue is close to the entrance of the Faculty of Science. There is a characteristic white sculpture just before the FS entrance (see arrow).
The conference room is furnished with modern audiovisual equipment. There is a high-speed WiFi and electrical outlets for the participants convenience.
There is also a convenient place for participant's posters in the hall very close to the conference room. There will be the coffee breaks as well as the Poster Sections.
There is a student club with WiFi and tables with electrical outlets very close to the conference room. This club might be used for participant's discussions.
cadastral acreage: 56 km2
longitude: E14°28'29,81 "
altitude: 381 m
České Budějovice (Böhmisch Budweis in German) is a statutory city, the administrative and cultural capital of the South Region. It lies at the confluence of the Vltava and Malše rivers. České Budějovice, founded by king Premysl Otakar II. in 1265, is a frequent destination for tourists from Germany, Austria, but also in Asia and elsewhere. Firstly themselves have many valuable historical monuments, as well as natural attractive tourist center of South Bohemia and stop along the way to Krumlov.
The biggest attractions are concentrated in urban conservation area in the historic center. There is the Přemysl Otakar II Square with Gothic and Renaissance arcaded houses, the Samson fountain from the years 1720-1727, and Renaissance city Hall of 1555 year renovated in a Baroque style during the years 1727-1730. The Renaissance Black Tower is 72 meters high watch tower from the years 1549-1578 with an accessible walkway. The cathedral of St. Nicholas was rebuilt in Late Gothic style in the years 1518-1535 and the Baroque in the years 1641-1649. There are many other sightseeing, e.g. the Baroque Chapel of the Lord's Mortal Anxiety from the years 1727-1731, Dominican monastery with the brick church of Virgin Mary founded together with the town, Baroque bishop's residence, originally Piarist college is from in the years 1763-1769.
From 1903 the South Bohemian Museum is in Neo-renaissance building from the years 1899-1901 and the South Bohemian Theatre in an empire building of the years 1812-1819. There is also the Budvar Museum and the Museum of energy.