Pre-Cycle 10 Seminar
Pre-Cycle 10 ALMA seminar - Prague
April 19, 2023, Prague, Astronomical Institute, Czech Academy of Sciences
The Czech ALMA Regional Centre node organizes a workshop aimed to prepare the local communities for the upcoming ALMA Cycle 10. The focus will be on the preparation of observations, capabilities of ALMA in Cycle 10, important observation parameters, examples of observing proposals, work with the SW Observing Tool for the preparation and submission of proposals, etc. The seminar will be held in the Astronomical Insitute, Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, with the possibility of online participation. It is open to all ALMA users and prospective ALMA users.
Venue: Astronomical Institute, CAS - Boční II 1401, Spořilov, Prague
Dates: 19 April 2023
Registration deadline: 17 April 2023.
Wednesday - April 19, afternoon (12:00 - 17:30)
- Lunch in front of meeting room (12:00 - 12:45)
- Welcome, Czech ARC node (12:45 - 13:00)
- ALMA and Cycle 10 capabilities (13:00 - 13:30)
- Before you propose - basic observational parameters (13:30 - 14:00)
- Examples of observing proposals (14:00 - 15:00)
- Coffee break
- Observing Tool (15:30 - 16:30)
- Distributed peer-review (16:30 - 16:45)
- How to write a (good) proposal (16:45 - 17:00)
- Discussion (17:00 - 17:30)
Lectures and tutorials will be given by members of the Czech ARC node.
If you would like to attend the workshop, please register by filling out the form below. Do not forget to also indicate if you want to participate using online access. Registration deadline is April 17, 2023.